Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back To School--Yuck!!

For years I have told anyone ready to listen that high school kids shut down after spring break. Never have I been able to relate to that as much as this year. Spring break this year was just a taste of the perpetual spring break I will be experiencing in a couple of months. I want it to be now!! Kids are great, my colleagues are great, the school is great, and I'd rather be anywhere but here. Actually, I WOULD rather be here than in the best hospital in Orange County. I'm sitting here during "reading period" which my 3rd period felons have turned into "talking period" and I have no desire to change that behavior. I pass the Jeff Foxworthy "You might be an educator..." test in that I know that there are 47 days, or 188 periods, or roughly 10,000 minutes left in my teaching career. My goal for the week is to submit my letter of resignation and begin my STRS retirement packet. Of course, I'll also give my all to combinations and permutations, simplifying radicals, factoring polynomials and all those other things that make us excited to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment