Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Kids

Today is the anniversary of two of the greatest days of my life. First, August 6, 1973, when Jennifer was born, then August 6, 1977 when Tim came into the world. The above picture is from a few years ago, but it's symbolic of their relationship. I can't imagine 2 siblings being any closer. It's become somewhat of a family joke that when we have gatherings for the extended family the rest of us are just accessories to the brother-sister get-together. And nothing could make me happier.
Jen was born in Pasadena and it was a typical first-baby hard labor for Jan. We got to the hospital in the early morning and it was after 9 pm before Jen arrived.
Tim, on the other hand, was almost born in the car before we made it to Palm Harbor in Garden Grove.
So we are celebrating tonight at Joe's Crab Shack in Newport (first time for me to eat there). Jeff and the girls will be there, Tim's Anne will be there. And Jan and I will be there, as we have tried to be for the last 36 years. To plagiarize Bill Gaither, we'll be:
Thanking God every day
That He sent them our way
And he trusted them once to our care.
And wherever they roam
They can always come home.
We'll be there.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea they had the same birthday - that's pretty cool! I hope you all have a wonderful time - what a special day...

    As for Joe's Crab Shack? I highly recommend the coconut shrimp or the fish and chips (best when served with a little malt vinegar). Both are very good.

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete